Despite having a good diet and consistent workout routine, there are some men and women who have trouble getting the toned abdominal definition they desire. For these patients, a technique called “abdominal sculpting”, or “abdominal etching” has been developed and it can help create the classic ‘six-pack abs’ look that patients desire.
This recently developed procedure uses precisely targeted liposuction to achieve a greater definition of the abdominal muscles. Using power-assisted liposuction, abdominal etching is an excellent method for sculpting an ideal abdomen; it’s safe, effective, and creates a defined abdominal wall in both male and female patients.
Patient selection is important to a good outcome; abdominal sculpting works best on patients that are in good shape but have areas of fat that are resistant to achieving the abdominal muscle definition they desire.
Dr. Clark is meticulous in his liposuction technique, and his preoperative marking provides a template for sculpting the abdominal fat in both the superficial and deeper layers, which accentuates the patient’s natural ‘six-pack’ lines in a male patient and the 3 vertical lines in female patients. Hip lines are usually desired by both sexes, and the technique can be altered to provide a softer, shallower, or a harder, more-defined degree of abdominal sculpting. There will be special foam dressings that are cut to size to compress the newly etched lines and they’ll be worn for at least three days. That will be followed by full-time compression for two weeks postoperatively and part-time for another couple of weeks.
ENHANCING YOUR OUTCOME
- Dr. Clark always asks that his patients DON’T SMOKE
- Tell the nurse and Dr. Clark what medications and supplements you are taking.
- Be at your goal weight for at least one year, be in good shape, follow a healthy diet, and have a regular exercise routine.
- Have realistic expectations and be clear about what results you’re looking for.
- Follow your post-operative care instructions carefully and wear your compression garment as instructed.
- Patients who maintain good long-term results often consult with a sports nutritionist to optimize their nutrition and exercise plan.
Abdominal sculpting surgery, when performed by a knowledgeable plastic surgeon, can be a very positive experience. Dr. Clark is a well-qualified, board-certified plastic surgeon who values your input, will listen to your concerns, explain your surgical options and give you his expert recommendation. Your consultation with him is your first step to achieving the abdomen you’ve always dreamed of.
For more information about liposuction, please click on the following link: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/liposuction/results